So I decided to research and found out that the (according to Readers Digest)
Top 10 reasons for House fires in Canada are:
1. Cooking - getting distracted, forgetting or leaving stuff too close to the stove.
2. Heaters. Old heaters. or too close to items that get hot and start on fire.
A problem with hoarders as homes are cold because vents are covered. Add a heater
with all that stuff and you have a recipe for disaster.
3. Careless Smoking! Make a rule today! NO smoking in the bedroom! BUTT OUT.
4. Electrical appliances. Being left on, unattended.
5. Candles - left unattended.
6. Kids & curiosity - matches, magnifying glass. Kids are curious - EDUCATE THEM!
7. Old wiring in homes and apt. buildings.
8. Flammables - Paint. cleaners - PUT them in a safe place. Just fumes from some product
can become flammable!
9.Christmas Trees! Dry, fire hazards ;-( Presents are fuel. BE careful!!
Do you know what is NOT on that list? Grow Rooms.
What most people do not realize, Grow rooms are an investment. Many are in homes with families and children and great care has been taken. If Grow room goes up in flames - It is rare. No one wants to lose time, money or medicine! How can they possible claim that is the main reason for stopping grow licenses? If that was the case, they best be going into every home and removing the stove.
** While writing this I realized, several have already touched us first hand...
1. Cooking. In prep for a Halloween party we were having, I had something on the stove and placed a big funky plastic serving tray too close to the stove- I went outside and came in to see the tray and BLACK - plastic flames reaching up over my stove! Thank God we have a fire extinguisher.
3. Matches, careless smoking (bong). Once some matches were used and put down, left the room and the match continued to smolder burning a hole in my bedroom end table.
5. Candle... during a Halloween party our mantle display caught fire! Thank Goodness we were in the house at the time and not in the display.
10. B.B.Q Just this last summer Norm had his eyebrows singed off the BBQ. by a burst of flames! ...
We are lucky that more damage did not occur. I hear of mishaps all the time.
Please take time to educate your children and ourself! It might save a life.
Do not let Health Canada continue to mislead us with lies.