I don't use this type of tall tapered candle, I only use 'tea lights' because they are safest, imo & I've even had one of those damage a table when some melted wax leaked out and almost started a fire. One huge 'Halloween Party' one of the candles on the mantle caught the spiderweb display on fire just as we all walked in the house, whew! (thank you Lord!)
I tell you this because:
ONE of the number one ways fires start is from CHRISTMAS TREES.
Please be careful - it's a year when we have more on our minds.
I unscrewed the candle parts (happy they removed -saved in case I want to change him back) and cleaned and then painted my monkey.. thats all he needed and it was really a no brainer- I just coloured what was there. Now he's looking fresh & festive! Then I died a small wooden canvas - perfect size to make a little tray! Drilled two holes( Norm did), painted it black and presto- I have a new cell phone holder, that makes me smile, easy to access! I wrapped my cable around his arm - always ready to charge... then I turned my phone OFF. I am turning my phone off, more & more.
There's a big dog running loose & it's -16, I hope someone gets him, it's pretty cold. A tiny woodpecker on wood - it turned out so pretty, it's easy to be thankful sitting at my desk, looking at God's Canvas with bluejays & wood peckers & chickadees entertaining me.. begging to be painted!
REuse. Re purpose New life in and old object.. PAINT & love & patience.