Ha Ha - drop & sniff.. That is easy to teach your dog, occasionally when throwing them 'treats' sneak in a chunk of lemon. It won't hurt your dog but it will teach them to not just eat everything.
Destryoing Angel is common, I've seen it nearly every foray I've gone on.. they resemble white button mushrooms when smaller -- easy to be tempted if a mushroom fan' being a 'mushroom fan' is not good enough. IF you are going to eat white mushrooms BE AN EXPERT. Some poisonous mushrooms also grow close to 'cousins' not poisonous - making it all the more confusing.
Over the years from what I've heard, discussed and researched I no longer eat ANY mushrooms RAW & I recently have decided to stop eating portobello due to what I've been reading & Paul Stamets opinion, I think he knows his stuff... I am grateful for his honesty.
KNOW your mushrooms- KNOW what you put into your body & educate your children.. I'm not sure I would teach a small child to eat any mushrooms they 'find' - I'd teach them to NOT eat any UNTIL positive... I guess too, it depends on the kids - I've seen few mini mycologists at the forays who have no issues KNOWING which mushrooms are good & bad - either way education is required.
One of the best ways is to join the Mycological society of Toronto & go on Forays!
Stay safe in nature- & when you DO learn whats' edible- you are in for a treat.
Many IMO- tastier than MEAT really, shiitake are on the lunch menu today.
Save a life eat a mushroom ;) More on Mushrooms soon.
Remember All mushrooms are edible... once.
With TLC & THC
New Canabis work next!
Jesus in the garden again, this time with a funny twist. I love my homeboy!
One of Storms friends made a comment - it stuck in my head.. you'll see it on paper - Next!
So much Cannabis news!
Are you ready Canada?